The College of New Jersey Logo

Apply     Visit     Give     |     Alumni     Parents     Offices     TCNJ Today     Three Bar Menu

Independent Study

With special permission from the English Graduate Coordinator, a graduate student may enroll for an Independent Study with any graduate faculty member. The student must first request permission by the faculty member, along with submitting a proposal for the independent study to both the faculty member and the graduate director. This proposal should include a description of the course of study, along with a bibliography of primary and secondary works to be examined during the semester.  If the proposal is approved, the student should then fill out the Independent Study form, get all signatures, and deliver this to Records and Registration. A copy should be kept in the student’s graduate file. Finally, the student should register for ENGL 697: Independent Study.

Download Independent Study Form