TCNJ has an active chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, the national honor society for students of English and related fields. Membership is available (and encouraged) for graduate students. We would like to invite you to join. A brief explanation of graduate membership is available below, but we would also like to point you to two websites: the national website and our local website where you would apply for membership. The chapter holds a number of events each year and supports events held by other constituencies in the English department.
Candidates for graduate membership must be enrolled in a graduate program in English, or one of its specializations, have completed six semester hours of graduate work or the equivalent, and have a minimum grade point average of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale.
Student membership shall be open to:
- students, graduate or undergraduate, currently enrolled at a college or university with a Sigma Tau Delta chapter who have the requisite academic background (this Article) and who are majoring or minoring, or the equivalent, in the discipline of English and
- students, graduate or undergraduate, currently enrolled at a college or university with a Sigma Tau Delta chapter who have the requisite academic background (this Article), but who are not majoring or minoring in the discipline of English.
- Student members may vote and hold local or international office.
- Student members may be published in Sigma Tau Delta journals.
- Student members may attend local, regional, or international meetings and conventions and make presentations.
- Student members may serve on local, regional, or international committees.
- Student members are eligible to compete for scholarships and awards.